Tilsit (Eng)

The market region of Tilsit situated on the Memel river received its town charter in 1552. From 1708 -1710 the pest depopulated this area. Afterwards new settlements followed from throughout Germany; as well Swiss, French and in particular Austrians from Salzburg found their way to East Prussia in the 18th century.┬áThe city of Tilsit became … Continue reading Tilsit (Eng)