Driesen Foundation Front Koenigsberg

On 24 August 1942 the residents of the Judenhaus in Yorckstr. (today Street of the Year 1812) were deported to Theresienstadt. Their names were: Lina Aronsohn, David Drucker, Martha Guttmann, Hirsch Kottow, Rosa von Kraynicke, Hermann Levy. Originally, the Jewish merchant Adolf Driesen had donated four houses in 1880 in which innocently impoverished citizens were allowed to live free of charge until the end of their lives. According to the will, 1/3 of the apartment was to be available to Jewish citizens. This is the “Driesen Foundation”.  Christians and Jews lived here together, as everywhere in Königsberg. In 1936 the magistrate decided that it would no longer be reasonable for Christians to live under one roof with Jews. Therefore all Jews had to move into one house.

Driesen Foundation Staircase

Russian:
24 августа 1942 года жители Иудейского дома на ул. (сегодня улица 1812г.) были депортированы в Терезинштадт. Их звали: Лина Аронсон, Дэвид Дракер, Марта Гуттман, Хирш Коттов, Роза фон Крайницке, Германн Леви. Первоначально в 1880 году еврейский купец Адольф Дризен пожертвовал четыре дома, в которых невинно обнищавшим гражданам до конца жизни разрешалось жить бесплатно. Согласно завещанию, 1/3 квартиры должна была быть доступна еврейским гражданам. Это “Фонд Дризена”.  Христиане и евреи жили здесь вместе, как и везде в Кёнигсберге. В 1936 году магистрат решил, что христиане больше не будут жить под одной крышей с евреями. Поэтому все евреи должны были переехать в один дом.

Close Menu