The Jewish public libraries were confiscated in 1939. By order of the RSHA [Reich Main Security Office] Department VII, the packing in crates and the transport to Berlin had to take place at the expense of the Jewish institutions. Finally moved the books to the former Great Freamasons logde in Berlin W 30, Eisenacher Str. 12-13, where stolen holdings from Jewish libraries in many European countries were concentrated. In November 1943, a bomb attack destroyed many books in the building, but the Königsberg holdings survived the war.