Neuhaeuser Youth Camp

Jewish holiday home Neuhäuser

In the early summer of 1921 a Jewish children’s holiday home was built in Neuhäuser, which was based on a generous foundation by the couple

Hermann Lapidas Cantor Seckenburg

Hermann Lapidas alias Hosias Rischmann

He was born in 1848 in Vilkaviškis as Hosias Rischmann and had received his education as a young man in a yeshiva in Vilnius and at Salanter in Kaunas. Since 1895 he was in charge of the congregation in Seckenburg.

Invitation to exhibition

Online Exhibition

We invite you to take the opportunity to visit the exhibition of 2017! Learn more about the little known aspects of life in Königsberg at

Bank in Königsberg Marx

The East Prussian banker Marx

From a small local institution to a dominant bank. George Marx: A successful immigrant in Königsberg, in: Bankers and banks as actors in the economic, political and cultural network in (north-eastern) Europe of the 16th – 20th century

Labiau Synagoge 1930

Synagogue in Labiau

A picture of the synagogue in Labiau (today Polessk in Russia) was found. The local historian Svetlana Chelnokova reports on her page “Sites of Jewish

Eugen Laaser Sägewerkbesitzer

The Laaser family in Tilsit

The Laaser family in Tilsit owned several sawmills. Eugen Laaser was the president of the Tilsit Chamber of Commerce and had an art nouveau villa

Mikveh zoom in

First pictures of the Mikveh

In January 2020 we were able to take a look at the shell of the mikveh, which is located in the basement of the recently inaugurated synagogue in Kaliningrad. Now the city of Kaliningrad has got a centre for a Jewish identity as a community again. Let’s hope to be able to further complete the dream that has recently come true.

Grab und Baum Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad: News from the Old Cemetery

12 January 2020: The so-called Old Jewish Cemetery in Königsberg continues to send signals to us. With every visit we find new gravestones, this time a couple known to us was present – because they had bought entrance tickets for the opening of the synagogue in 1896.

Close Menu